Chelsa News: Chelsea offer Frank Lampard ambassadorial role while he takes his coaches badges

Chelsea's all-time leading scorer announced his retirement last week and is at the club's training ground studying for his coaching qualifications.

He has yet to get his 'B' licence and Chelsea hope he will agree to represent them off the pitch in the meantime.
Speaking last week, manager Antonio Conte said: “I think Frank Lampard, in football, he can decide which is the best way for him. But I don't know his thoughts.
“Yes (he is training here). I told him 'hello'. I was running to keep me in form, and he was here.”
He added: “It's a pity when a great player like Lampard decides to stop his career. You lose a fantastic player, a great player.
“The whole world of football is a bit disappointed when this type of situation happens, a great player finishing his career.”

No comments: